MEDITATION SUGGESTION FOR ALL THOSE WITH NO TIME
1. Sit comfortably (if possible with your spine erect)
2. Relax all musculature and joints (in one or more breaths, you may go systematically through the body). The most proficient can do so but don’t struggle. With your awareness, quickly and systematically relax your whole body.
3. Relax your forehead
4. Feel the touch of the breath in the nostrils
5. Breathe slowly, gently, smoothly
6. Let there be no sound, jerks or pauses
7. Eliminate the pause between the breaths. As soon as one breath is completed begin to feel the next breath flow.
8. Use one of the four thoughts below:
a. Your personal mantram
b. In the absence of a personal mantram; exhale hum inhale so. Let there be no break in the chain of hum so, so hum thought flow.
c. Choose a name of divinity you prefer in accordance with your tradition.
d. If you do not believe in the above three then count 1 with the exhalation and 2 with the inhalation. There are many ways of counting the breaths this is the simplest. Let the above thought flow with each breath, not on the lips not on the tongue, not in the vocal cords, but only as a thought in the mind.
9. After whatever number of above observations of the breath and single repeated thought, observe how the breath, mind and the word thought are flowing as a single stream.
10. The entire mind becomes an even flowing stream.
11. Without breaking the stream and it’s operation slowly open your eyes.
12. Resolve in your mind that you will calm the mind in this way many times in the day.
13. Whatever you do with the mind repeatedly becomes the minds habit. At present disturbance is the minds habit, later calmness and peace will become the minds nature.
14. Take a moment to connect back to the space around you. You may like to massage your face.
ADDITIONALLY TO THE FULL MOON MEDITATION,
DO TWO OR THREE MINUTES OF BREATH OBSERVATION BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY SHIFT IN THE DAY,
AND/OR EVERY TWO OR THREE HOURS.
Copyright Swami Veda Bharati